Andover/Coon Rapids, Anoka County • Daily or Annual park pass needed
Bunker Hills Campground, part of 1,600-acre Bunker Hills Regional Park, is one of two beautiful public campgrounds in Anoka County.
As you can see from the photos here, this campground is beautifully situated. Many of the spacious sites are in a wooded area, giving you plenty of privacy and room to stretch along with lots of shade from mature trees.
Bunker has 71 campsites—both rustic and with partial hook-ups (water and electric). There’s also group site for up to 30 people, and there two camping cabins available.
The camping season runs from the end of April through early-October. If you don’t mind being extra rustic, you can still camp through MEA weekend, but without running water and restroom facilities (although the friendly staff at the Campground Office will let you use their restrooms!).
What is There To Do at Bunker Hills Park?
There’s plenty to do at Bunker! Here are some of your options:
- Just relax and enjoy being out in nature, in the middle of busy Anoka County.
- Bunker Beach—The largest outdoor water park in Minnesota is just a short bike ride away from the campground. Lots of fun for the whole family here from the famous save pool to slides to a lazy river and more.
- Bunker Park Stable—Campers 8 years old and up can go for an hour horseback trail ride through the park. You can access the Stable within the Park as well as by taking the northeast entrance, past the Activity Center.
- Walk, hike, run and bike on the many miles of paved and natural surface trails.
- There are several playgrounds throughout the park.
- There’s a beautiful disc golf course in the park within easy access of the campground.
- Bunker Hills Golf Club is just across the park road.
Campsite Reservations and Other Details
Because of its easy proximity to the metro area, Bunker Hills Campground is very popular. Consider making reservations ahead of time, especially if you want to camp over a summer weekend.
As with all public campgrounds, rates are very reasonable—between $20 and $32 per night, depending on the amenities you want. The cabins are $55 per night. There’s an $8 fee if you reserve online.
You’ll also need an Anoka County Parks vehicle permit. The annual permit is just $30 and is also good for the Washington County regional parks.
The campground entrance is closest to the South Entrance of Bunker Hills Park, off Highway 14 in Coon Rapids.
Here’s their brochure with the campground map and all the pertinent details.